2021 IMO AGM Programme of Events
Monday 12th April 7pm GP National Meeting
Tuesday 13th April 7pm NCHD National Meeting
Wednesday 14th April 7pm Consultants National Meeting
Wednesday 14th April 7pm Public Health & Community Health Doctors National Meeting
The National Meetings will provide a review of the year, current and future challenges and a Q&A Session.
Saturday 17th April 11am – 3.50pm Plenary & Educational Sessions
11.00am Opening Session: Minutes, Annual Report, Treasurer’s Report, Deceased Members and Speciality Committee
11.30am Presentation on IMO Doctor Wellbeing and Mental Health Survey results.
12.00pm Address by Outgoing President, Dr Padraig McGarry
01.00pm Address by Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly, TD
01.15pm COVID 19 – Experiences from the Frontline
The COVID 19 pandemic has brought new challenges to doctors across the health system. Clinical Editor at the Medical Independent and journalist, Priscilla Lynch interviews a panel of doctors at the frontline about their experiences of COVID 19 and the lessons they have learnt. Panel guests:
- Dr Catherine Motherway, Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, UHL,
- Dr Gabriel Beecham , Specialist Registrar in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, CHI Crumlin
- Dr Mary O’Riordan – Public Health Specialist, HPSC
- Dr Maitiu O’Faoláin – GP, Ashbourne and Medical Director GP-Led Vaccine Clinics at the Helix.
2.15pm Address by CEO of HSE, Mr Paul Reid
2.30pm COVID 19 – The Mental Health Impacts
The pandemic is having a widespread and growing impact on our mental health. Our panel discussion, hosted by Professor Mathew Sadlier – Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Director, Dublin North, discusses the impact of COVID 19 on mental health and mental health services. Panel guests:
- Professor Brendan Kelly, Professor of Psychiatry TCD, Consultant Psychiatrist TUH, and author.
- Dr Niall Muldoon, Ombudsman for Children
- Dr Ide Delargy –GP & Clinical Lead, Practitioner Health Matters Programme
- Dr Madeleine Ní Dhálaigh – GP, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon
3.30pm Address by Incoming President, Dr Ina Kelly