Consultant Contract Update
Further to our previous emails we wanted to confirm the position in relation to the temporary transfer of contract type (to an A from another contract type).
We have received a number of queries on this, so thought it would be helpful to consolidate the guidance.
Reverting to Previous Contract:
- The HSE have confirmed to the IMO in writing that the circular on this should be read as the Consultant may advise that s/he intends to transfer back to their original contract. The hospital must transfer you back. This comes into effect from September.
- The existing provisions within the various contracts governing a long term contract switch remain in place, and are not changed by this measure, which is designed to be temporary in nature. Consultants wishing to avail of a long term change to the Type A Contract, and seeking advice in that regard, should contact the IMO as set out below.
- In relation to the application we are not aware of any Consultants having specific difficulties with their application, but if you have a problem please contact our Member Advisory Team
- As per the attached pay-scales you transfer to the equivalent scale to your own. In relation to some of the particular issues:
- If you are a B* you move to the top of the equivalent A scale;
- If you are a Category 1 or a Category 2 you move to the applicable scale based on your specialty/location.
- Please find the Circular here;
- Please find the application form here and the guidance for Medical Manpower here;
- Please find the pay scales here.
If you have any queries on the above or any other issues please contact our Member Advisory Team by calling (01)6767273 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.