GMS Pension Protection
What does the scheme do?
This is a bespoke insurance product designed to protect the GMS pension for GPs. In the event of you suffering long-term illness or disablement, the scheme protects your GMS pension expectation at retirement.
Who can join?
Any GP who is in receipt of GMS income and is under age 60.
The minimum deferred period is 52 weeks.
Benefit & Cost
The cost is 3%* of the total monthly GMS superannuation contribution. The benefit pays out a sum equivalent to the total pension contribution at the time of being disabled or suffering a long-term illness (*includes 1% of Government Levy).
• Waiver of Premium can protect your future pension expectations should you become unable to work.
• Benefits are paid into the GMS superannuation fund to preserve the retirement benefits if
you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
• You can take out your ill-health early retirement pension and continue to claim payments.
• Benefit is paid after 52 continuous weeks of disability.
• Deferred period is one month for those over age 64.
You may be eligible for tax relief on the premiums paid at your highest rate of tax.
Please note: All applications are subject to underwriting. Contact one of our dedicated financial advisers for more information